Medical Assistant Degree
The Medical Assisting Associate’s Degree program encompasses both administrative and clinical skills, enhancing a graduate’s success in the medical field and builds upon the foundation provided in the two medical assistant certificate programs. This Medical Assistant degree program offers advanced training in clinical, technical and administrative areas, preparing you for employment as a medical assistant, medical secretary, laboratory assistant, phlebotomist and medical records professional.
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29 percent from 2016 to 2026, as reported by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.† This is much faster than the average growth rate for other occupations. Medical assistants continue to be in high demand as they become more relied upon as an important asset to the medical team and as physicians’ practices switch to electronic records.
There are many potential opportunities for career placement. After graduating from Mildred Elley, take advantage of our lifetime job placement assistance and are ready to purse a rewarding career as a medical assistant in the New York Metro area.
Medical Assistant Courses
Students at the New York Metro campus of Mildred Elley will also have an opportunity to specialize by taking coursework in the following:
- Biology of the Human Organism
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Principles of Digital Literacy
- Document Processing
- Principles of First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Patient Care
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Office Management
- Hematology and Phlebotomy Procedures
- Cardiovascular Care and Procedures
- Specialized Procedures
Medical Assistant Degree Program Benefits
Attending Mildred Elley means you not only receive a quality higher education experience, but it also means you get access to the most advanced medical assistant job training available. Mildred Elley also offers many different benefits for medical assistant program students.
- Financial Aid & Scholarships For Those Who Qualify
- Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
- Flexible Schedule
- Convenient Location in Lower Manhattan’s Financial District
- Easy Access to Express Subways and Buses
- Approved for Veterans Education Benefits
- International Students Welcome