- The paralegal is a critical member of the legal support team. Paralegals are responsible for conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, maintaining legal files, and interacting with clients as well as providing critical administrative support in the office. The program introduces students to the essential computer applications necessary to the legal field.
The Paralegal Studies certificate program at Mildred Elley - Pittsfield, MA prepares students with the skills necessary to seek positions in law offices, title and abstract companies, corporate legal teams and many more exciting opportunities.
Paralegal Studies courses may include:
- Principals of Digital Literacy
- Document Processing I
- Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- Spreadsheet and Database Applications
- Introduction to Paralegal Studies and Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Business Law
- Legal Research & Writing