Faculty Moodle TrainingsGeneral Moodle Faculty Training
General Moodle Training, Recorded Webinar. Topics Included:
- Turn Editing On
- Add Teams Link
- Uploading Files
- User Override Function
- Activity Logs
- Course Presence
- Student Feedback
Intermediate Moodle Training Recorded Webinar. Topics Included:
- Creating Pages
- Embed a Video
- Choice/Poll Activity
- Assessment Types
- Add a file and hide
- Add a file – upload answers in Moodle or email
- Add an assessment in Moodle
- Create an assessment in Connect
Advanced Moodle Training Recorded Webinar. Topics Included:
- Creating Question Banks
- Importing Different Types of Assessment Questions When Possible
- SCORM Compliant Content – Publisher or Third-Party Content
- Creating Rubrics
- Interactive Content with H5P
Online Education Resources
Below is the link to the Online Education Resources in Moodle. You will need your login information for Moodle to access these resources. Your login information is the username and password you use to login to the school’s network.
Online Education Resources in Moodle: https://elearn.mildred-elley.edu/course/view.php?id=591
From the Online Education Resources page in Moodle, you can access the following, helpful links:
- General Resources for Online Instructors, SONIS for Online Courses, Best Practices in Online Teaching
- Moodle How-To for Instructors
- Connect for Online Instructors (for those with courses using McGraw-Hill texts)
- Login link to McGraw-Hill Connect
- Evolve in Moodle (for those with courses using Elsevier texts)
- Login link to Evolve
- Cengage Instructor Resources (not in Online Education Resources)
- Login link to Cengage
- Resources for Helping Students
Links on the web for Moodle How-To videos:
- Using Moodle to Create Online Course: A Comprehensive Tutorial – Parts I and II (these are from a different institution; however, the basic principles of Moodle use remain the same)
These are web pages from the Moodle website which offer how-to guides on Moodle course management.
- How to set up a Course in Moodle
- How to Edit Text in Moodle
- How to use Activities in Moodle
- How to add Resources in Moodle
- How to monitor class progress
Microsoft Office 365
From this link, portal.microsoftonline.com, you can access Microsoft Office 365. Your username is your Mildred Elley email address and your password is the same as the one you use to login to the school’s network. The Microsoft Office 365 suite gives you access to:
- Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Sharing applications such as SharePoint, Teams, and Planner
Email is a primary method for contacting students and Outlook is accessed from this suite.
Other helpful links
- Link to Faculty SONIS Login
- Link to Moodle Login
- Link to the Center for Effective Teaching (this will bring you to Moodle)
- Link to 2023-2024 Academic Calendar
- Email Address to use for Online Help or Password Resets: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to the Intranet
- Link to the Campus Catalogs
- Link to the Mildred Elley Staff Directory (email addresses)
Technical Help – Trouble logging in?
- SONIS Student Information System – your username for SONIS is your student email address and a 6-digit pin you were issued upon enrolling. If you cannot remember your pin, please contact email@example.com.
- Moodle – Online Course Platform – your login information for Moodle is the same as the username and password for accessing the computers on-campus. If you cannot remember this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email/Microsoft 365 – Your username for the Student E-mail system is your Mildred Elley e-mail address and your password is the same as for logging into the computers on-campus. If you cannot remember this information, please contact email@example.com, or on the login page for Office 365, click the “Can’t access your account?” link.
- How to install Microsoft Office 365 onto a desktop PC, click here!
- How to use Microsoft Office 365, click here.