Is Online Learning Right for You?
Online learning is the fastest growing method of getting a college-level education. Mildred Elley offers a wide variety of courses taught in a convenient online format.
Note: The institution is currently offering online classes in a distance education format as authorized by regulatory agencies and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Discover the online classes available at Mildred Elley during this challenging time
Top Benefits of Online Learning | Mildred Elley Online
- Variety – Many courses available
- Convenience – Classes accessible from any computer with internet access
- Flexibility – Online course materials available 24 hours a day, every day
- Attention – Direct access to your instructors via email and class forums
- Real-World Skills – Not only will you gain course knowledge, but you’ll also familiarize yourself with email, web browsing and web-based software, giving you an advantage over someone unfamiliar with the internet
- Self Discipline – You’ll learn self-discipline skills when getting school work done, including self-motivation, time management, and structure
- Savings – Fewer transportation costs
- Free Time – Since you’ll save on commute time, you’ll have more free time to spend with family, friends and other activities
Many classes in our programs can be taken online. Run through these questions to see if taking online classes will help contribute to your success!
- Do you have access to a desktop or laptop with internet access?
- Are you able to use email, search for information on the internet, as well as download and send attachments?
- Do you have natural time management skills?
- Since most assignments require a great deal of reading and writing, are you comfortable with your reading and writing capabilities?
- Are you capable of dealing with a technician issue on your computer?
- Since online class platforms advance quickly, are you able to adapt to new technologies as they become available?
- If you run into a roadblock, are you capable of immediately addressing it? Successful online students don’t wait, they get things done!
These are some of the introductory questions you may want to ask yourself before you make the decision to take a select few of your courses online.