Financial Aid, financial aid for college, affording college, scholarships

Financial Aid & Scholarships

At Mildred Elley, financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify. The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to assisting students with the financial aid process. Our knowledgeable and skilled staff can counsel you on the variety of options available for your situation and give you insight on how you can manage your investment for your education.

Financial Assistance and Student Eligibility

Mildred Elley is approved to participate in many financial aid programs to aid students in meeting tuition costs.
Those Financial Aid programs include:

  • Federal PELL Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
  • Federal Stafford Loans and PLUS Loans (low interest loans)
  • Tuition Assistance Program (NYS TAP)
  • Regents Child of Veteran Awards (CV)
  • Regents Awards for Children of Deceased Police Officers, Firefighters and Corrections Officers
  • Veterans Benefits, for eligible applicants
  • Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award/Persian Gulf Veterans Tuition Award

Funding Options

tattoo school Tattoo Artistry VA Approved Black Low Res 01 financial aid Financial Aid & Scholarships VA Approved Black Low Res 01
Many of our Mildred Elley Programs are eligible for VA Benefits such as Post 9-11 GI Bill.

tattoo school Tattoo Artistry ACCES VR Logo Black Low Res 01 financial aid Financial Aid & Scholarships ACCES VR Logo Black Low Res 01
Mildred Elley is an eligible training provider under The Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation program through New York State. They offer a full range of employment services that may be needed by someone with disabilities.

tattoo school Tattoo Artistry MyCAA financial aid Financial Aid & Scholarships MyCAA
We are a proud supporter of the Military Spouse Initiative, a program developed to provide funding to military spouses and war-wounded caregivers. The cost of your education may be funded by the Department of Defense’s Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Program.


Mildred Elley is proud to offer several scholarship programs to its students. These programs include scholarships that recognize academic merit, reward determination and persistence in achieving the goal of higher education, and encourage an early commitment to college studies.


Net Price Calculator

Would you like to estimate your cost of Tuition and Grant Awards for the Medical/Clinical Assistant Program?
Please note that tuition charges differ by degree or certificate program and campus location.

Net Price Calculator

Office of Financial Aid Contact Information

If you are not a student and are interested in becoming one, you must first contact the Office of Admissions.

Albany, NY

855 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
(518) 786-0855 phone
(518) 786-0011 fax

NYC Metro

25 Broadway, Floor 16
New York, NY 10004
(212) 380-9004 phone
(212) 994-2148 fax

Pittsfield, MA

100 West Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 442-0333 phone
(413) 442-2269 fax

Debt Management (Current & Former Students)

Click here to visit the Debt Management Page.

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

How many credits do I need to take to keep my full-time status?

Mildred Elley works on a semester basis to determine full time study. You must carry a minimum of 12 credits per semester to retain this status. Remember, we schedule you for 2 mods in that semester so you should be scheduled for an average of 6-7 credits a mod, to total 12-13 for the Semester.

What is the difference between a Grant and a Loan?

Grants and loans both provide students with money to continue their educations. Grants are free money and do not need to be paid back. Any and all loans must be paid back to the lender.

How often to do I need to renew my financial aid?

For every award year you are in school you will need to reapply for your FAFSA as well as your NY State TAP grant if you qualify.

If I have questions about my loans, who do I contact?

Mildred Elley has a Default Management Office, to help you with your loans. This office may be reached at 518-429-2624. The U.S. Department of Education Direct Loans Servicing Center can also assist you. You can visit the website: The U.S. Department of Education is the lender for Direct Loans, Mildred Elley is NOT your loan provider.

What if I need more money for living expenses?

Students who qualify for more money than the amount due to the school (for tuition, fees, book and supplies) can receive stipend checks after there is a credit balance on their accounts. These additional funds would come from increasing the amount you borrow from the federal loan programs which MUST be paid back. In order to be considered for increased funds, you must fill out an additional funds request form. Keep in mind that all students have a different Financial Aid package and your eligibility for certain loans and grant money may be different than your classmates’ and friends’. We strongly recommend you only borrow additional funds if you have to, and be smart about borrowing more money than is absolutely necessary. Remeber, this adds to the overall amount of your loan and you will be responsible for paying this back after you graduate or if you leave the school before graduating.

I need to have additional income while going to school. Are there any resources to help me pay my bills while I am in school?

Yes, you have a number of options to support you financially while attending school.
• Federal Work Study (FWS): Federal Work Study is a need-based program offered through the Federal Government which, if eligible, allows students with financial need to work a certain number of hours per week while you are at school. Mildred Elley supervises the program and one can either work on campus or work in a non-profit that supports their training. Students are paid an hourly wage, but no federal taxes are taken out. And, these funds do not have to be re-paid. You must fill out a work study application located on the 3rd floor to determine your need and eligibility.
• Need a job? The Office of Career Services and Placement offer job search assistance, even while you are in school. We provide job leads for all types of work: retail, overnights, weekends, day/evening, temp work, etc. Stop by the office to see what is out there!

Can I use Financial Aid to pay for extra items in my program; for example: flash drives, additional pairs of scrubs, materials used in MT like oils, tools, and other equipment?

Yes, there are certain educational supplies that can be purchased with your financial aid funds. Keep in mind any additional expenses add to the overall total of your loan. Students can purchase: uniforms such as Scrubs, ECE polo shirts, as well as academic resources such as: textbooks, flash drives, Microsoft software for computers and calculators. You will have to see a financial aid representative to determine if you have enough funds to purchase any additional or replacement items.

Does my FA cover my exam fees?

While we do attempt to cover the costs of your exams not everyone will be eligible.

If I am approved to take a Leave of Absence (LOA) how does this impact my Financial Aid?
When you are approved to take a LOA, you have a maximum of 180 days to return to school before being withdrawn from the institution. Loan funds cannot be released to students on LOA. We recommend speaking to a FA Representative to determine if you have questions about upcoming disbursements.
What happens after I graduate and when do I start paying back my loans?

Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct unsubsidized Loans have a six-month grace period before payments are due. The grace period is a set period of time after you graduate, drop below half-time enrollment or leave school for any reason.

What if I cannot afford my loan payments?

Contact our Default Management Office immediately. There are a number of options we can help you apply for to temporarily postpone or lower your loan payments. Please do not ignore your loan payment. Going into default on a student loan will affect your financial future for years. The loan servicer will usually work with you, but you have to directly communicate with them and be proactive if you are struggling to pay the bill.

What do I need to know about a loan servicer?

A loan servicer is a company that handles the billing and other services on your federal student loan. Visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at to view information about all of the federal student loans you have received and to find contact information. You should contact your loan servicer when you: need help making your loan payment, change your name, address or phone number, have a question about your bill, have a question about features of your student loan, graduate, drop below half-time enrollment, stop going to school, or transfer to another school.