The paralegal is a critical member of the legal support team. Paralegals are responsible for conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, maintaining legal files and interacting with clients as well as providing critical administrative support in the office. This program introduces you to the essential computer applications necessary to the legal field.
I went into paralegal and decided it was something I was passionate about and that I could make a real difference. It gave me the confidence that I could be successful in a career.
Class of 2014
- Document Processing
- Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- Spreadsheet and Database Applications
- Introduction to Paralegal Studies and Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Legal Research & Writing
- Wills, Estates, and Trusts
- Criminal Law and Procedures
- Introduction to Professional Office Management
- Mildred Elley Offers
- Financial Aid & Scholarships for those who qualify
- Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
- Flexible Schedule
- Convenient Location in Lower Manhattan’s Financial District
- Easy Access to Express Subways and Buses
- Approved for Veterans Education Benefits
- International Students Welcome
*Proudly offered as a branch campus program of the Mildred Elley Albany Campus. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for further details and disclosures.