Want to Learn More?
Our admissions representatives would be happy to contact you to discuss your career path.
Please fill in the form below so an admissions representative can contact you with more information.
Mildred Elley regularly publishes its Academic Catalogs, Crime Statistics Report and Campus Security Policy.
Learn all there is to know about the Mildred Elley campuses. You can also get more information from the Office of Admissions.
- Albany, NY 2013-14 Academic Catalog [PDF] 2MB
- New York City Metro 2013-14 Academic Catalog [PDF] 2MB
- Pittsfield, MA 2013-14 Academic Catalog [PDF] 2MB
New York City Metro Branch Campus Program Disclaimer
Enrollment in the Business Management, Massage Therapy and Advanced Paralegal Studies programs is subject to the following conditions. Mildred Elley’s New York City Metro Campus is a branch campus of the main campus in Albany, New York, and is approved as such by The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and the United States Department of Education (US DoE). As a branch campus, the New York City Metro Campus does not offer this program in full, and requires its students to take a portion of coursework in this degree programs at the college’s main campus in Albany; transfer of credit from other accredited institutions; or taking courses through possible cross-registration agreements between Mildred Elley and other institutions of higher education in the New York City area.
Mildred Elley is in the process of obtaining an approval by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York, and following that, an approval from ACICS, to offer these programs in full. While the college expects such approvals to be obtained, we are unable to guarantee the New York City Campus students that they will not be required to take some of the coursework through channels identified above, but will make every effort to assure that the students complete their degree on time and in a manner acceptable to all parties involved.
Student consumer information is provided by the Financial Aid office and is the responsibility of the Director of Financial Aid to oversee. The publications are reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. Information may be provided to the media for publication.
Gainful Employment Information
Learn more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important program-specific information.
Mildred Elley posts its crime data yearly with the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education.
- Albany, NY Campus - Annual Security Report 2012
- New York City Metro Campus - Annual Security Report 2012
- Pittsfield, MA Campus - Annual Security Report 2012
To view a three-year report by campus on the Office of Postsecondary Education of the U.S. Department of Education website, please follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.ope.ed.gov/security
- Click on the link Get Data For One Institution/Campus
- In the text box Name of Institution, type in Mildred Elley
- Click the Search button
- Click on the respective campus link
The plan that follows outlines the actions deemed necessary to provide a safe environment for the students, visitors, faculty and staff of the Empire Education Corporation, D.B.A. Mildred Elley and Austin’s School of Spa Technology.
We encourage all of our applicants and students to do independent research on the occupations that the institution trains for in order to make a sound decision about their postsecondary higher education and college plans.
The United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes an Occupational Outlook Handbook on an annual basis. The OOH contains a wealth of information about:
- The training and education needed for each profession;
- Expected job prospects;
- What workers do on the job;
- Working conditions.
To access the Occupational Outlook Handbook’s most recent annual edition, please follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.bls.gov/OCO/
- Locate a search box on the left-side menu of the web site that says “Search OOH”
- Enter the title of the profession or occupation you are interested in
- Click “Go”
- For quicker access to OOH descriptions of occupations of interest, we can suggest the following methods of search:
- For programs in Medical Assistant (A.O.S.), Clinical Medical Assistant (Certificate), Medical Office Assistant (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm or search for “Medical Assistants”
- For program in Practical Nursing (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/licensed-practical-and-licensed-vocational-nurses.htm or search for “Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses”
- For programs in Massage Therapy (A.O.S., Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/massage-therapists.htm or search for “Massage Therapists”
- For program in Business Management (A.O.S.), go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/ or search for “Management and Business and Financial Occupations”
- For programs in Office, Project, and Event Management (A.O.S.), Accounting Systems Specialist (Certificate), Administrative Assistant (Certificate), Business Technologies Specialist (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/home.htm or search for “Office and Administrative Support Occupations”
- For programs in Information Technology (A.O.S.), Network Administration and Computer Security (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm or search for “Computer Network, Systems, and Database Administrators”
- For programs in Advanced Paralegal Studies (A.O.S.), Paralegal Studies (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm or search for “Paralegals and Legal Assistants”
- For programs in Game Design and 3D Animation (A.O.S., Certificate) and Digital Graphics and Multimedia Design (A.O.S., Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes271019.htm or search for “Artists and Related Workers”.
- For programs in Criminal Justice and Security (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes339032.htm or search for "Security Guards"
- For programs in Cosmetology (Certificate): go to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/barbers-hairdressers-and-cosmetologists.htm or search for "Cosmetologists"
Ten Great Reasons to Choose Mildred Elley
- Exciting High-Demand, Career-Track Programs
Mildred Elley offers a full range of programs that give you short-term training so you can earn a Degree or Certificate in high-demand career fields. We are devoted to giving our students the knowledge and skills needed for employment and update our programs frequently to meet the needs of employers for careers that are in demand. At Mildred Elley, you are more than just a student—you are a professional in training.
- Financial Aid Available
Mildred Elley offers financial aid and scholarships for those who qualify. Our Financial Aid advisors are committed to making the process of starting school easy and stress-free.
- Outstanding Placement Rates and Help in Career Search
The Office of Career Services will work with you to assist you in your job search. Four out of five Mildred Elley graduates find rewarding positions in their chosen fields after graduation. We encourage you to call or visit us to discuss your future employment prospects.de
- Convenient, Accessible Campus Locations
All our campuses are conveniently located and are easy to commute to.
- The Albany campus is located at 855 Central Avenue, with plenty of free parking and CDTA bus service from all directions.
- The NYC Metro campus is located at 25 Broadway, with bus, subway and ferry services from all directions.
- The Pittsfield campus is located at St. Luke's Square, with free parking onsite and bus service from points north, south, east, and west.
- Flexible Scheduling
Mildred Elley programs are offered during days, evenings, and weekends* to accommodate every student's busy schedule. We know that many of our students work full- or part-time and many have families; with Mildred Elley, you will be able to fit your studies into your busy schedule.
*Pittsfield campus does not offer weekend classes at this time.
- Flexible Admissions Requirements
Most of the students who are accepted at Mildred Elley hold traditional high school diplomas. However, we may accept some applicants without a high school diploma - call our Admissions Representatives today to discuss this option.
- Mildred Elley is Accredited
We are proud of our accreditation by Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a status granted to institutions that meet or exceed ACICS' stated criteria of educational quality. We are further approved and authorized to grant AOS degrees by the New York State Board of Regents and the New York State Education Department for the Albany, NY campus. And our Pittsfield, MA campus is approved by the Office of Private Occupational School Education, Division of Professional Licensure.
- A Mildred Elley Diploma Opens Doors to Higher Learning
Many of our graduates go on to earn bachelor's, and sometimes master's, degrees. Mildred Elley has entered into agreements with both public and private colleges to accept our graduates into accelerated bachelor's degree programs.
- We Take Care of Our Students
From the moment you talk to our Admissions Representatives to well after your graduation, you will appreciate the personal attention that you will receive from our faculty, administration, and staff. We appreciate and respect you as a unique individual and a Mildred Elley community member. Our teachers are accessible and helpful, both in and out of classrooms. Our student support professionals, from the library to academic support and tutoring, from financial aid to career placement, will make sure that you are on the path to success.
- Where do You See Yourself a Few Years from Now?
Just imagine yourself—not in a job, but in a rewarding career. Actually enjoying going to work, respected by your colleagues and superiors, admired by your family members, and being a role model in your community. Would you like to see yourself in such a position? Then talk to us at Mildred Elley. Our Admissions Representatives are waiting for your call. Talk to us today—you have nothing to lose and a world to gain.
Financing Your Future
At Mildred Elley, financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify. The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to assisting students with the financial aid process. Our knowledgeable and skilled staff can counsel you on the variety of options available for your situation and give you insight on how you can manage your investment for your education.
Financial Assistance and Student Eligibility
Mildred Elley is approved to participate in many financial aid programs to aid students in meeting tuition costs. Those programs include:
Federal PELL Grant
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
Federal Stafford Loans and PLUS Loans (low interest loans)
Veterans Benefits, for eligible applicants
Tuition Assistance Program (NYS TAP)
Regents Child of Veteran Awards (CV)
Regents Awards for Children of Deceased Police Officers, Firefighters and Corrections Officers
Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award/Persian Gulf Veterans Tuition Award
Mildred Elley is proud to offer several scholarship programs to its students. These programs include scholarships that recognize academic merit, reward determination and persistence in achieving the goal of higher education, and encourage an early commitment to college studies. Read more...
Net Price Calculator
Would you like to estimate your cost of Tuition and Grant Awards for the Medical/Clinical Assistant Program?
Please note that tuition charges differ by degree or certificate program and campus location.
If you are not a student and are interested in becoming one, you must first contact the Office of Admissions.
Office of Financial Aid
(518) 786-0855 phone
Office of Financial Aid
(212) 380-9004 phone
Office of Financial Aid
(413) 499-8618 phone
How many credits do I need to take to keep my full-time status?
What is the difference between a Grant and a Loan?
How often to do I need to renew my financial aid?
If I have questions about my loans, who do I contact?
What if I need more money for living expenses?
I need to have additional income while going to school. Are there any resources to help me pay my bills while I am in school?
Can I use Financial Aid to pay for extra items in my program; for example: flash drives, additional pairs of scrubs, materials used in MT like oils, tools, and other equipment?
Does my FA cover my exam fees?
If I am approved to take a Leave of Absence (LOA) how does this impact my Financial Aid?
What happens after I graduate and when do I start paying back my loans?
What if I cannot afford my loan payments?
What do I need to know about a loan servicer?
Take a Campus Tour
We would be happy to give you a personal tour of the campus and provide you with program and school information.
Please fill in the form below to schedule your session now!