Daycare and Early Childhood Education Teacher Certificate Programs In Berkshires, Pittsfield MA
The certificate program in Early Childhood Education at Mildred Elley - Pittsfield, MA prepares students to work with young children in schools and childcare agencies as teacher’s aides, teaching assistants, and preschool teachers, and with acquisition of additional experience, as lead preschool teachers and directors of early childcare centers.
Program graduates will be prepared to utilize a variety of instructional strategies and assessment methods in order to meet the learning goals and needs of all students. The program provides a strong academic foundation in early childhood education (including a variety of experiences in the classroom, community, and educational settings) and liberal arts, while focusing on developmentally appropriate practice as defined by Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care and the National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC) guidelines for early childhood learning.
Some Early Childhood Education courses may include:
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Partnerships with Families
- Children with Disabilities and Exceptionalities
- Development, Care, and Planning for Infants and Toddlers
- Foundations of Classroom Management
- Curriculum Development B-K
- Practicum B - 2 years, 9 months
- Practicum 2 years, 9 months - Kindergarten
- Transition to Professional Practice
- Child Growth and Development
Graduates fulfill the educational requirements established by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care criteria. Upon completion of 9 months of work experience, graduates are qualified and may apply for the Level 1 Teacher, Infant-Toddler and/or Preschool certification. Upon completion of 18 months of work experience, graduates are qualified and may apply for the Level 2 Lead Teacher, Infant-Toddler and/or Preschool Certification.